Saturday, November 26, 2011

Adventures in Babysitting - Part 1

A few weeks ago, I headed over to the Newby household to allow the parents to escape to a nearby movie theatre. Unfortunately, a migraine worthy of Mom had hit that morning - but, like Mom, I soldiered on - with my Diet Mt. Dew and Excedrin.

Elizabeth warned the children about my headache and instructed them to be nice and quiet. Natalie quickly took charge: "Joanna, go lay on my bed and I'm sorry there are no sheets but it's the best bed in the house and I'll make sure EllaandCameron are quiet and we'll just watch the movie until Mom and Dad get home" *pause for breath* "so go on upstairs I have it handled." 

Avery and I dutifully went upstairs for our naps. Natalie fulfilled her promise and they were quiet until the parents got home. And they DID watch the movie (twice all the way through) until their parents got home.

Avery and I decided to spend some quality time together in the playroom. She seemed particularly fascinated with the winter hat I was wearing to cover my unwashed and unbrushed hair (I know Mom! How will I ever meet someone?! I'll just put on some nice blush and mascara ... heh heh). I let her try the hat on for size:




I also may or may not have carried Avery downstairs after her nap - while she carried my drink. She became very possessive of the bottle - looks like she is a true Randall and knows the value of a good soda.



Finally, this tidy summation of babysitting the Newbletts would not be complete without a shot of Cameron's artistic adaptation of an ordinary russett potato. I feel like the feather really brings out the rustic nature of the subject.





I also could not stop laughing.

No comments: