Sunday, October 16, 2011

Advice

As I pour Ranch dressing on my salad, Cameron helpfully chimes in with:

"Joanna, don't put too much on your salad. There needs to be enough for everyone."

Suppressed laughter and a serious nod. His parents look mortified but I point out that his advice is simply an echo of what they say to their kids. At least this shows he is listening.

Later that week...

As I take off my sweater, Cameron asks sincerely:

"Joanna, why are you taking off your sweater?"
"Because I got hot."
"Joanna, that's why sweaters are bad and you shouldn't wear 'em."
"Well, what if I get cold"
* puzzled, scrunched up face and a pause *
"That's why you just shouldn't wear them!"

Perhaps Cameron could start an advice column.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Was I gone during the sweater incident? I don't remember that. Yea he likes to dish out the advice.