Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a different kind of mission

two years ago, i (with sobs and heavy feet carrying a heavy heart) left this:

*no, not a cultural hall - my mission*


and i came (still sobbing) to this:
*no, not Haystack Rock - the Pacific NW*


i said good-bye to sisters like them:



and i said hello to sisters like them:




i said goodbye to children like these little ruffians:




and i now chase around the affectionally named "Portland Monkeys":





i had to stop trying to be cool around teenagers like these:




and i had to learn to be the effortlessly cool aunt to teenagers like these:



i could no longer wear clothes like this:



but i am now expected to put something like this on:



i said good-bye to some pets:




but i was greeted with joyful barking and uncontrollable peeing by pets like these:



i ended my mission with a birthday like this:



and i ended two years home with a birthday like this:


happy anniversary. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh, I really liked this post. Except for one picyure. I mean really. I guess we nee another shot of the three of us.

Rachel said...

Wow. Has it been two years already? Weird. I still remember that day at the airport, trying to help keep the nieces and nephews in line. And yes, I agree with Elizabeth. A better picture of us. And um how about after I even out my tan line!?!?!?!