Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't be "hasty"

One of my roommates left town for the Christmas holiday. She is also the owner of the town home we live in and sometimes, she reminds me of Dad the way she cares and worries over the logistics of the place.

The Tiffany Center is what I have come to call our little three bedroom home.

This roommate, upon leaving, left the following letter for Allison and I.


Hi roomies!
 
I am not sure who I mentioned things to and what I never mentioned, so I am going to list some things below to do for me while I am gone (thanks in advance!). Caution: I am probably about to sound like a mom and say many things you already know, so let the eye rolling begin ;) (how would one make a face on the computer that is rolling its eyes?)
 
Anyway...
 
1. Please take out the trash this week since I am gone. I am happy to do the first week of January in exchange :)
2. I have been setting the thermostat at 62 at night and when we are gone and 67-69 when we are home. This seems to work well....
3. This one deserves some eye rollls...Please make sure all of the Christmas (and other) lights are turned off at night (and for the most part when no one is home), and make sure the door gets locked (I am a compulsive door locker, as you may have noticed. Not compulsive or particular about other things, clearly...). I have not gotten the electric bill to see how much the lights will add, but I figure every bit we can save will help!
4. Please water the tree so I can still enjoy its beauty when I get back. I have a pitcher and cup I have been keeping kinda behind it for that purpose. I just reach under and blindly feel around and hope the water makes it in. This works most of the time. 
5. Make sure you glue the vases back together and sew the ripped curtains from all of the wild partying that will likely ensue in my absence. 
5. Please, neither of you sneak off and get married while I am gone. I would like roommates when I return :) Also, no getting engaged either, because I need to be there to celebrate!!!! I figure this is unlikely, but crazier things have happened. 
6. HAVE FUN!!!!! Not too much fun, though, since how could you while you are missing me? Hahaha ;)
 
Merry Christmas!
 
Love, 
Tiff




I am so glad our paths were thrown together. And yes. We had enough glue to fix ALL the vases that were broken due to the partying.

No comments: