Monday, September 28, 2009

Useless Knowledge

my mother was flipping through the channels tonight following the evening news. as a wheel of fortune advertisement skipped by, we had the following conversation:

me: ooh, look. vanna doesn't have to flip the letters anymore. remember when she did that?
mom: yes. you know, i think she got a divorce.
me: really? did she marry pat sajak?
mom: no.
me: that's his name, right?
mom: right.
me: what about the jeopardy guy?
mom: alex trebek.
me: why do you know this?
mom: *pause* um....
me: what is the name of tom cruise's daughter?
mom: suri
me: who is angelina jolie living with?
mom: brad pitt.
me: the name of their first kid?
mom: shiloh
me: what about the twins
mom: vivienne and....um....it has an x.

why do we know all these things? i am not sure why but i had to go to wikipedia to look up the name of that other twin.

knox. like the fort.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Totally true. Why do I know the names of all brad and angie's other children but cannot remember more important things, such as ANYTHING school related? Heh heh. Love Mom.

katie j said...

How much do I love your mother? Too funny.